Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We did it! (Part 2)







No, we haven't been so sore that we couldn't get back to the computer to post, but I don't know where last week went! I meant to post sooner, but things just kept getting in the way.


Joe and I took the week off from running or any other form of exercise for that matter. We needed it too. My feet have never been so sore! We had a great time running in the marathon. If you have ever considered doing one, I say go for it! 13.1 is a great distance. I think it is just far enough. We also recommend this race too! We loved the Country Music Marathon in Nashville. The morning got off to a rough start though. We had to be parked and shuttled to the starting area by 6:00 because the last shuttle ran at 6. So we got up about 3 am, got ready and headed to Nashville, which is only 40 mins away, in the pouring down rain. (yeah at this point we were wondering why we signed up for this too!) We wanted to get to the shuttle area early in case there were huge lines (over 30,000 people ran in the marathon and 1/2 marathon). It pretty much rained until we began running too. The actual gun went off at 7 am, but we were in corral #24 (each one had about 1,000 people) so by the time we got up to the start line it was 8!!! Our feet were tired before we began and we were already an hour behind everyone in front of us! But it did stop raining, cleared up, and ended up being a beautiful day. The course is fun and they have bands set up along the way. Downtown Nashville is pretty neat too. Part of the course goes through Music Row where there are neat little houses that have been turned into recording studios. Joe and I ran the first 10 miles. Walked a couple (Joe's knee started hurting) and ran the last mile. I was never so happy as I was to cross that finish line! The race finished at LP Stadium (where the Titans play) and there seemed to be millions of people everywhere. We got our medals first thing (see pictures!) and then got our pictures taken. We then scarfed a banana (I was starving at this point...accelerade and sport beans burn up fast!) and we wandered through the food stands and crowds of people stumbling around. It was hard to walk right after we finished, and I had trouble walking when we went to church the next morning. It soon subsided and I am again fully functioning. And, I still want to do it again so that must mean it wasn't too bad. Right?


It really does feel like I accomplished something and I am excited to have done it. I hope the future holds many more for me. 1/2's that is, I am still not sure about 26.2.

3 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Props to both of you! That is so exciting!!! ps. your medals are pretty sweet!

Mae said...

I just realized I didn't comment on this post earlier. Your pics with the medals are fabulous. Congrats again! Ian and I are in awe. :)

Cortney and Dave said...

Good job! Somebody in the Costello family has to do it...and we aren't cut out for it:) Hope all is well! After a little pressure and now necessity of living in SD we are now bloggers. You can find us at daveandcort.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon!
Dave & Cort

Joe & Jill Costello