Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update

We still have not heard anything back from the MO Guard, however Joe has gotten a couple more leads on jobs. As I said in the last post- nothing has been ruled out yet. We are keeping all options open and praying a lot!

Joe got a call from St. Johns in Springfield yesterday and they want to fly him there for an interview and he spoke with a recruiter from St. Louis that has an Internal Medicine job opening. We are not exactly sure where this one is and he will have to look into it further. He also has three follow up phone interviews today with the Docs from Hermann. So send many prayers and positive thoughts Joe's way today!

On a sad note I will be traveling home to Farmington tomorrow for my uncle's funeral. This is now the second of my dad's four brothers to pass away. He has been very ill for some time now and my dad has been one of the main ones to look after him for the past four years. I probably haven't even seen this uncle in 8 years or so. He had secluded himself from family for years and went down dangerous paths that destroyed his family and health. I am so proud of my dad for doing what is right as family and taking care of him. He also did the best thing he could do for uncle David- bring him to Christ. After talking and some study a few months ago he was baptized into Christ and made things right before it was too late. This can be of comfort to us. I hope all will go well at the funeral. This side of the family has been tense since my grandmother passed away a few years ago. I do look forward to seeing my family and visiting with them.

We will keep you updated along our decision making journey and who knows... we could be moving to a town near you!

2 comments:

Mae said...

What a big day for Joe! I hope all went well with the interviews. So sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope everyone will be at peace now. We'll be praying for you & your family. Have a safe trip!

Cortney and Dave said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during all these huge opportunities, decisions, and of course the families grieveing over the death of your uncle.

Joe & Jill Costello