Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm sorry I'm new here...

Can you believe it? Two blogs in one week! I know, I am pretty amazed myself. This has been a pretty good week. I began my new job at the scrapbook store, Memories in Bloom, and I officially feel really dumb. This retail business is entirely new to me. I have never worked in retail or with a cash register before so I feel totally lost. My first day was Tuesday. I worked from 9 am to almost 6 and boy was my brain tired. My boss crammed so much info into our day it was crazy. I am pretty excited though. I have so much to learn. I thought I knew a bit about paper crafting and scrapbooking, but wow! There are so many products and designer labels to know about. We also carry a line of die cutters called QuicKutz and I will need to know them forward and backward. Today was our store yard sale where people could sign up to sell their gently used items for store credit. I had to be at our store around 6:30 in order to pack up and load all of the boxes and help take them to the hotel conference room where we had the actual sale. We opened the doors at 10 am and you would not have believed how many people were lined up outside the door more than an hour in advance. Scrapbookers are serious about these kinds of things. We did have a perk of working the sale and that was first dibs! I got to put back anything I wanted to buy as we were setting everything out. I got some great deals! Hopefully next week I will feel more confident about using the register...so many ins and outs of the program to remember!

2 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

How exciting! You're so smart so I know you'll catch on quickly. You will be a great asset because you have such great ideas and can visualize things in your head that will look good- that's where alot of people are lacking. Good luck with it and keep us informed of your scrapping adventures!

Three Gals and a Guy said...

TAG!!! You're it!!! (See my blog for details)

Joe & Jill Costello