
We had a great weekend in Asheville! We met up with Joe's sister Mae and her husband Ian. They are currently living in Charlotte, NC and I am excited to say(and I think it is now safe to say)...they are expecting a baby! Joe and I are thrilled to once again be an aunt and uncle. Things are pretty exciting in our family!
We were able to tour the Biltmore Estate while in Asheville and it was quite beautiful. The setting is very impressive. I couldn't imagine having a view like that outside my window. We really enjoyed getting to spend time with Mae and Ian, and it was a rare chance to meet up with them. They will be moving to Wichita, Kansas in July where Ian will be establishing his practice, and where that precious baby will be born. We are thankful we got to take advantage of living semi-close to them.

Well, the time has arrived. Yesterday was officially my last day of training for the 1/2 Marathon! I will be running 13.1 miles on Saturday! Many of you might be thinking...1/2 Marathon? I haven't spoken a whole lot about it. Probably out of superstition. I think I was afraid if I talked about it too much it wouldn't happen. Well it's gonna happen! Joe and I have been training hard for over 12 weeks for this race (the Country Music Marathon) in Nashville. I am beginning to feel a little nervous. I keep telling myself that the main idea is to a) Finish the race and to b) Have Fun. No matter what my time is when I finish, I will still finish. Wish us luck and we'll let you know how it turns out!!! (I am sure we'll have some nice sweaty pics to post!)
1 comment:
I am a friend of Mandy's from church...what a small world, my dear friend is running the marathon in Nashville this weekend!!! Good Luck!!
~Misty
Post a Comment