
Now on to the not so happy...Well, yesterday after a long day at work things did not end well. As I was driving home (and was just several feet from our driveway) the neighbor's dog ran out from the yard across the street and of course I could not stop...thus I ran over him. He was so calm but I could tell his leg was broken. I had tears in my eyes, but also felt anger. Why was he not on a leash and just running a muck in the neighborhood?I wasn't even going the least bit fast because I was approaching my driveway. Some other neighbors from down the street heard him yelping and came out to help me (they were dog experts apparently).
We weren't sure at first to whom this dog belonged. They thought it was one of their neighbors dogs, but I knew our neighbors had a little brown dog. So I knocked on the door and sure enough it was their dog. I had to break the news. She was pregnant and her other child was napping on the couch. She said he had gotten out and she couldn't go get him because of her napping child. Okay? We brought the dog inside as she was trying to call her "fiance" because he had all the credit cards and she wasn't sure where his checkbook was. All the while the dog needed to get to the vet. The house reeked of cigarette smoke and she went out on the back porch to make her phone calls and lit one up! What! Your pregnant lady! This is just so far from my realm of thinking that it blew my mind- probably more than the fact that I had just run over her dog. (it further helps you understand why their dog was running around the neighborhood in the first place)
I apologized and everyone assured me it wasn't my fault, but I still felt guilty. She did thank me for stopping and not just going on. It all pretty much ruined my evening and I am still worried about the little guy today. I went next door to check on him and their car was not there. Their other little dog was out though (they often leave him out in the hottest part of the day with no shade). He is usually tied up, and was not, and started growling at me and chasing me down their driveway. I really thought he was going to bite me. He must know what I did to his pal Rocky. Again though, why is your dog not tied up or inside? What is wrong with these people! So I am not sure if I will be able to find out how Rocky is doing or not. It is not worth getting bitten over! Anyway just thought I would share that experience. Hopefully I will have a much more pleasant end to my day today!
3 comments:
Okay that for real is a bad day...however I did get a little laugh at the picture of you running down the driveway for the biting dog! What? You would laugh too...however it would not have been funny if you had gotten bit! Love you!
Poor Jill! Amber's right - that really is a bad day. When I hit that dog a few months ago, I felt so terrible, but I also was so mad at the dog for running in front of my car. It sounds like your neighbors are a little sketchy. :) I hope you (and the dog!) are doing better now!
Yikes! What a day! I agree with Amber though, I laughed at a similar picture in my mind of you running away from the biting dog:)anyway...looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment