School is going well (aside from my breakdown last Monday night). I finally got a working computer in my classroom on Thursday. This was a huge source of stress to me. No computer + lots of grades to input= major stress! I feel like I am settling in and getting the hang of everything. I am actually enjoying teaching this age group and the course materials. I am also super excited because next week is Spring Break!!!
We had a great weekend. My mom called on Thursday and said that her and my dad wanted to come and help us pack up our house. (more on the house later, but we will be closing ahead of schedule). I was all for them coming, but totally in denial of the fact that we needed help. Boy am I glad they came! Not only did we get a lot packed, but we were able to sneak in a little fun too. My dad hadn't been to our house here yet and so it was fun to have him here with my mom. They are awesome! My dad mowed our lawn for us while we packed inside. I really am blessed with a great mom and dad. Here is a picture I took of our silly kitty during our packing.
Our house is fast approaching a finished state! We are super excited. Have I told you how ready I am to move in? Another good thing about my parents coming, especially my dad, is that they got to come with us to our weekly viewing of our house. For some of you that don't know, my dad is a St. Louis Union Carpenter and a very particular one at that. We had to take him along so he could give us an inspection. Pretty much everything passed, and like I said he is picky (in a good way). He gave us some tips and pointers, and noted a few things we may want to have the builder fix. We are glad he could have a look at it.
It is looking like we will be able to close a little sooner than we were originally contracted. It looks like we should be able to get a close date of April 17th. We also locked in our interest rate last week!! So exciting- 4.875%!!! We are very happy with that. Other things that were finished this week... cabinets are installed, sod is down in front and back, garage door and opener, painted walls, and our deck has been built. The electrician should be coming this week as well as the plumber. The only thing we have left to choose is our closet designs. We are to meet with the "closet man" soon to nail down how we would like our closet to be organized. I am sure we will be paying extra to add some more useful shelving. I can't believe how fast things are moving. I am so thankful we have a head start on packing and we should get a lot more finished this week. My plan was to pack tonight, and so far I have gone to the grocery store, went for a run, made some cards and sat on the couch. There is always tomorrow right? Here are some of the latest pictures. 
2 comments:
The house looks beautiful, we can't wait to come visit!
The kitchen looks sooo beautiful!! I'm so excited that we'll get to see it so soon! You'll be moving in and putting your special touches on your first home before you know it. So happy for you guys and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment