Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busi-ness

Wow! This has been one busy week. I started my new job at Clarksville Academy this week. I have not totally taken over, but I am working very closely with the teacher that I will be filling in for. She really thinks she will be able to make it until the 20th or so, but we will see. In the mean time I am observing and soaking in all I can from her. We actually have a ton in common and I am enjoying "hanging" out with her. I am pretty relieved for us to have clicked so well. I am extremely nervous about teaching 7th & 8th grade Life and Earth science. I hope I can do it! It is so different to only have the kids for an hour at a time, and I am finding it has taken me the entire week to get to know the kids names. I am also adjusting to being in a private school setting. Things are going well and although I am freaking out a little, I know things will be fine in the end. I know it all is going to fly by, but I am so tired! I haven't been sleeping too well this week on top of working full days. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on how things are going.

Other news this week...we got to pick our cabinets, flooring and hardware for the house. It was really hard to choose it all! I almost would have preferred to have it selected for me. Too many decisions! I am getting more and more anxious to move in! All of the drywall was finished last weekend and we are pumped to see what they have gotten done this week. Here are a couple of pics from our visit last weekend.


This is the Kitchen...

They finished the siding!

A look at the loft area and kitchen from the living room.

That is all for now, but we will post more after our visit this weekend. I can't wait to see what they have accomplished. I think we should have a driveway and sidewalks! Exciting!

1 comment:

Mae said...

That's awesome! I can't believe how quickly it's coming along!! We're totally building our next house. I'm so jealous of being able to pick your own cabinets & such. :) Glad to hear the school this is going well so far. I have no doubts you'll do a FABULOUS job! We love you!

Joe & Jill Costello