
Wow! I have been meaning to update our blog for weeks now. It seems I have been saying “where does the time go?” a lot lately. It just seems like life gets busier all the time. You might ask why I do not have time even though I am not working (outside of the home). That is a good question. My theory is that just because I am not working does not mean I have more time- just more time to do the things I couldn’t do while I was working. My responsibilities have now shifted. I am no longer lesson planning and falling asleep on the couch at 7:00 on Friday nights! I have managed to fill all of my time with cooking dinner each night, grocery shopping, keeping my house organized, picking up after Joe, attending FRG activities, card making, Bible study, learning to play guitar, and blogging! All things I did not even have time to think about when I was working. So I am still very busy- just with different things. The past 9 months have flown by (I’m sure Joe would beg to differ!). I can not believe it is already the end of September and we are almost to October (maybe it’s because it is still in the 90’s here!).

Many of you already know that our niece Emma Elizabeth Costello was born last week on Wednesday, September 19th weighing in at a whopping 5lbs. 14 oz. Joe and I are so excited and anxiously awaiting our next trip to Missouri to see her. It seems like we just found out Kevin and Mandy were expecting and now she is already here. (I’m sure Mandy is thinking –Already?) If not sooner, we should get to meet sweet baby Emma over Thanksgiving. It seems so far away now, but I know it will soon be here and I’ll again be saying…Where did the time go? She is the first baby on Joe’s side of the family and as you could guess she will be loved!

Many of you already know that our niece Emma Elizabeth Costello was born last week on Wednesday, September 19th weighing in at a whopping 5lbs. 14 oz. Joe and I are so excited and anxiously awaiting our next trip to Missouri to see her. It seems like we just found out Kevin and Mandy were expecting and now she is already here. (I’m sure Mandy is thinking –Already?) If not sooner, we should get to meet sweet baby Emma over Thanksgiving. It seems so far away now, but I know it will soon be here and I’ll again be saying…Where did the time go? She is the first baby on Joe’s side of the family and as you could guess she will be loved!
We are also beginning to think about our move. It is only 80 days until we leave San Antonio behind us (80 days seems much shorter than thinking about December!) We have already begun our search for a house and hopefully I will be able to take a trip to Tennessee in early November. A lot of military families just wing it and find a place when they arrive at their new post, but Joe and I (mainly me) feel we need to have that arranged ahead of time. If we do not have a house right away the army puts our things in storage until we have a house and they can deliver our “household goods”. I figure if we can eliminate the number of times my things get loaded and unloaded we can avoid things getting broken, dented, ruined…you get my drift. I am not really stressed out about packing and loading since we are opting for the Army to move us again. It worked pretty well for us the last time. Last time Joe had the pleasure of being in the mover’s way because I was at school wrestling Kindergarteners all day. It was great! I came home one day and everything was packed. I came home the second day and everything was gone. This time, I get to watch my things being packed and loaded while Joe is at school…which now that I think about it is stressing me out. I hate it when my house is in disarray. Can you say OCD? Hopefully I’ll make it through okay and I’ll keep you all posted on my mental status when the time arrives.
1 comment:
Hooray - new post! I check almost every day. :) I totally know what you mean about the time going so quickly. I say that every day! I also have read more books in the past 3 months than in the past 3 years, though. Maybe that's some of it... Good luck with the move! Ian found it most helpful to send me out to get drinks for everyone when I started stressing out too much on packing day. :) The great thing is that it only lasts a few hours!
Post a Comment