Our biggest news is that we are now officially going to be Tennesseans for the next 3 years. As many of you know we were awaiting the Missouri Guards decision to keep or release Joe to Active duty. We found out around Thanksgiving that they had decided to release him. We really felt like this was the best choice for us right now. We are thankful to God as we know he has once again answered our prayers. Joe and I are excited to begin looking for a house during January and for Joe to begin his career as a PA. He received a promotion to Captain and is now sporting some fancy new "railroad tracks" as they call them. Along with his promotion comes a raise and for that we are very excited (and thankful!). Other big news of course is that Joe is done with PA School!!!!!! We could not be more excited for this new chapter of our life to begin. As far as all the details of where he is assigned and so forth...I am saving that for him to tell you. You can expect a blog from him soon! He'll fill you in on all the graduation and "army"stuff.
In November I traveled to Wichita, KS to help Mae and Ian out with their precious little girl Isabelle. I spent a lot of quality time holding my new niece and helping Mae prepare for the rest of our family to arrive for the Thanksgiving holiday. We had the best Thanksgiving. All of Joe's family was able to make it. We always have so much fun together. I am so blessed with great in-laws!
We also had a busy few weeks leading up to Christmas. Joe's birthday was on the 18th and his graduation was on the 19th. We ate at Maggiano's in Nashville for his birthday. It is so delicious! His mom was also able to come down for all the fun. Here is a picture of Joe with his enormous banana bread pudding. I don't think he even finished half of it! He's a handsome 29 if I don't say so myself!
It was the first Christmas Joe and I have had a tree in 3 years! So we bought the biggest one yet! I loved our tree this year. We kept it simple with colored glass ornaments and white lights. I spent most of the day today taking it down and I have to say it was sad. We traveled home to Farmington for the holiday. We must have been so good this year because Santa was good to us! On Christmas Eve we enjoyed dinner and opened some gifts with my parents and grandma. On Christmas day we went to my Aunt Brenda's in St. Louis for dinner and all the festivities. I hadn't seen most of my family since last Christmas so it was great to catch up and see everyone. It was exciting to catch up with my cousins Carey and Amy. Carey lives in CA now and Amy lives in New York. They are gorgeous!We celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 28th. Joe had a great anniversary planned for us at the Opryland Hotel & Resort. When we arrived they had no record of our reservation and did not really try to make anything up to us. Joe even had a reservation number and everything. They could not find it. We felt so silly and like they thought we were making it up. So we left embarrassed and with a charge on our credit card that they had no record of charging. It pretty much ruined our anniversary. I felt really bad for Joe. All in all we feel blessed to have 6 wonderful years together and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us. I think that is about it for now. Maybe this post will get some people off my back (you know who you are!). We wish everyone all the best in the upcoming year and I have resolved to be better at updating our blog. Seriously!
5 comments:
We're in the same boat because I made my first post in almost 2 months today; oops :) So glad you guys finally have some answers and won't have to make the annual cross-country move! haha We love you and hope to see you guys soon
God has blessed me in many ways, but you being close to me is one of my biggest blessings! You have always been my "sister" and I can't believe I've been blessed with have you so close! I'm going to enjoy the next 3 yrs and pray for more! Words can not describe how proud Chris and I are of you guys! What an amazing Christian couple that is going to do amazing things for the Lord in Clarksville, TN. I love you!
ps....this post will do for a few weeks!
Yay, new post! I love the new background! Very fancy! Glad things are going well with you. Lots of luck as you start the house hunt. We love you and miss you!
That totally sucks about the Opryland thing. Now I'm all riled up about it!
Post a Comment