Romans 8:28

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Verdict is in!

We have been in touch with the owner of the house we rent over the past couple of weeks due to their pending foreclosure. She told us they were waiting on a judge to hear their case and hopefully he would rule in their favor and they could keep the house. We found out on Friday the judge ruled in favor of the owners and they will get to keep their house. This is good and bad for us. We are relieved because we will not have to move until our house is ready, but it kind of stinks because if our rental property was foreclosed on then the Army would move us. Now we still have to move ourselves, but I am glad that the owners did not lose their house. Either way it worked out well for us.
Not much else has gone on around here. We actually had some snow and ice last week, but nothing compared to those just North of us. It was so beautiful outside. The ice did do some damage here and many trees fell prey to it. Joe took some great pictures in our backyard. We had a great weekend too. For some reason the Army was off on Monday so Joe had another long weekend. He gets another one in a couple of weeks, and we are super excited to be traveling to Springfield, MO to meet our new niece Hannah! We can't wait to see Kevin, Mandy & Emma too.

Some of you may already know, but my latest news is that I will be heading back to the classroom this spring. I have been given the most awesome opportunity to take over a maternity leave position at a private school here in Clarksville. I will be teaching 7th & 8th grade Science! I am very nervous about it, but I know just a day back in the classroom and I'll be fine. I have missed teaching and being in the school atmosphere. I am reminded of how I felt when I first began my job at Pilot Grove. I feel excited yet nervous. The maternity leave does not begin until March, but I will be subbing starting this week as needed around the school. After not teaching for a couple of years I am curious to see if I want to actually go back to the classroom. This opportunity will definitely help me decide if I want to pursue a job for the Fall. We shall see :) The job will go through the end of the school year, and Tracy (my principal friend from church) says there is a D.C. trip with the kids in May. Sounds fun to me! I will keep you posted on how things pan out.
Here is our latest pic of the house! We were pleasantly surprised to see how much they got done despite the yucky weather. We are trying hard to only go over to see the progress once a week. It is so hard! I am anxious to get in it and get everything settled in. It is nice to know we won't have to move again for a while. Pretty soon you will be able to see what the outside will look like. Exciting stuff! I guess that is it for now. We hope you all are having a great week!

5 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

I'm so glad everything is working out for you guys and the rental house. And, I can't believe how quickly your new home is coming along! I can't wait to see the finished house with all of your special touches. Emma is excited Uncle Joe and Auntie Jill are coming to meet her new baby sissy! We love and miss you!

Cortney and Dave said...

Glad to hear the good news! Thanks for letting us enjoy the building of your house too:) Good luck with your first day back to school Jill!

Mae said...

Yay for good house news - on both fronts! I hope things are going well with the subbing... hopefully after spending a day with high schoolers, 7th & 8th grade will be a breeze. :) Have a wonderful time in Springfield next weekend! We miss you guys & hope we'll get to see Uncle Joe & Auntie Jill soon, too! Love you!

Cheri said...

Jill & Joe - I am so excited for you and your new home!! House building.....where shall I begin?? HA HA Anyway, you can never take too many pictures of the progress as it takes place. I have pictures of everything and then some of our new house. Pictures, pictures, pictures! Good luck back in the classroom Jill. I will keep you both in my prayers! Please pray for Kevin as he is out working storm damage in "the boothill"...we haven't seen him since mid January. Congrats again!! I'm soooo happy for you two.
Cheri

Cheri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Joe & Jill Costello